Medium Snapper, Kingfish And Mulloway Combo Daiwa Tierra and Daiwa TD SALTWATER S71-3
This combo is a good alround one for Snapper on inshore reefs, and Flathead and Jewfish in Harbours and Estuaries. The TD Saltwater rods are one of Daiwa’s latest releases and are another very good bang for buck rod. The TD Saltwater S71-3 is a 7’1” rod, a longer rod allows for better casting from the boat and shore meaning more time you lure spends in the water and more chance of getting fish. Being a PE3 rod it is also good for bigger plastics for smaller inshore kings, and makes for great fun. As a Snapper combo it is for bigger fish, it will cast from 30-50gram lures so is better for deeper water 30+ meters where the fish are less timid or for where conditions require jig heads up to 1.5oz. The reel is the Daiwa Exceler 6000 LT, we picked this reel as it is very light but still has ample drag, and strong enough to do any or the work you will need it to do. The combo comes spooled with Daiwa J Braid X4 300m 30lb. Daiwa J braid X4 in multi colour is a strong abrasion resistand line that is what you need when fishing shallow water, especially for snapper that can run you through kelp and over bomies.
This Combo Includes
- Daiwa TD SALTWATER S71-3
- Daiwa Exceler 6000 LT
- J Braid X4 300m 30lb Multi Colour
Daiwa TD Saltwater
Team Daiwa makes its debut into heavy-tackle saltwater rods with TD Saltwater. A newly developed series to accommodate the demand for high-quality and affordable saltwater rods.
The heart of TD Saltwater begins with Daiwa’s BRAIDING-X graphite technology, a graphite tape which is applied to the butt section of the blank. Wrapping in this style adds a level of stiffness and rigidity to the overall blank construction without the added weight and diameter of a whole extra layer of the HSD graphite cloth.
BRAIDING-X is used for the bottom half of the blank’s construction, delivering improved lifting power and ultimately higher strength.
TD Saltwater’s actions are tried and tested around the country, featuring jigging and boat-fishing specific models, a number of actions for fishing lures and soft plastics on reefs chasing snapper and pelagic species, and new actions specially designed for the growth in TaiRubber fishing, using lures like Daiwa’s KOHGA to chase Snapper and other bottom-dwelling reef species.
Outfitting TD Saltwater is Fuji’s Corrosion Control (BC) ‘O’ ring guides. When it comes to durable and affordable guide solutions, Fuji’s O ring leaves all others behind. Slimline EVA two-tone grips make TD Saltwater stand out from the crowd, and are a class act paired with almost any large size spinning reel.
Daiwa Exceler LT 6000 DC Spinning Fishing Reel
Exceler LT is one of the latest generation of reels based on the LT or Light Tough concept – lighter, stronger and more compact than ever before. It also incorporates Daiwa’s innovative technologies such as Tough Digigear, ATD, Air Rotor and Air Bail, making it one of our most technically advanced reels that delivers at a great price and class leading performance.
- LT Concept – an evolution in design to suit the new generation of PE/Braid lines for higher line and drag capacity, stronger gearing, improved handling and increased performance.
- Tough Digigear – New generation Tough Digigear is 50% stronger than previous Digigear II thanks to increased diameter main gears combined with an increase in individual gear teeth size.
- Airspool ABS – our newly designed AL Airspool is up to 30% lighter than previous generations. The newly redesigned spool lip has improved overall castability.
- ATD – our ATD drag system is the best in the business. Reduced start-up inertia protects delicate and thin lines from the aggressive strikes of fish.
- Air Bail – featuring a hollow, tubular bail arm for maximum rigidity and strength with minimum weight. The protrusion free design works to eliminate line tangles during the retrieve.
- Air Rotor – the innovative design and construction works to reduce weight, stress and flexing, whilst enhancing transmission of vibration and allowing the rotor to spin with perfect balance.
- Twistbuster – featuring a tapered line roller that offsets line twist and greatly improves line management.